Monday, September 21, 2009

Sound Check...

Well I truly wanted to blog everyday since Thursday, but I've been bed bound since my tragic IUD fitting. Ok I'm being a bit dramatic but let me just say it hurt. Can I get some lidocaine please all up in there?! Anyway I'll spare you the super gory details and leave it at it hurt, much like a extreme and life-threatening 30 second cramp. Apparently I have a very tight os. Yes that's one you don't hear everyday. And I'm not entirely sure if that's a compliment or not. But according to the good doc I "sound" at 7.5 and can indeed have my IUD. I plan to give myself a good two to three months to forget the "sounding" pain prior to signing up for insertion pain. Princy Pooh has agreed to go with me to the next appointment though. I think there'll be some 10 am ice cream and Fat Tires following that appointment.

Tonight I'm attempting to make a dish I've christened Mexican Lasagna. I shall cut tortilla's into strips. Make a mixture of cheese, cottage cheese, salsa and enchilada sauce to layer with chicken chunks between said tortilla strips and then bake the mess for some undetermined time at some magic temperature and see what I get in the end. I hope Princy Pooh isn't too hungry tonight...

And after much debate Princy Pooh and I have decided to postpone our trip to Canada to meet his folks until March during the Persian New Year. Mmmm Canada in March, sounds lovely no? I'm told there are some pretty amazing pastries involved in the Persian New Year though so I'm pretty excited about the whole deal. It does involve a red eye flight after which I will meet my potential in-laws. I'm also equally excited about that part. That's it for now koochooloos. Oh and you're more than welcome to send care packages in anticipation of my medical procedure :)

Thought I'd also add a music video in honor of my upcoming trip. I can understand maybe three words...better step up my language lessons.

3 comments:

  1. Just spoke with my own version of Betty Crocker and apparently Mexican Lasagna does indeed exist more or less as I've described. She provided me with a temperature and cook time. Yum yum here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT is mexican or even lagsagnain about cottage cheese!? i'm so disturbed by this.

    yours is the second IUD horror story i've heard today. odd day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually make a version of the 'Mexican lasagna', except I skip the cottage cheese and just stir in the tortilla strips. I'm excited to hear how the layering goes and I may give it a try.

    I can't even imagine going through the horror of the IUD fitting and insertion. Sounds worse than having a baby. :) Maybe it won't be my first choice when I'm done having kids. Yikes - good luck!

    ReplyDelete