Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weighing in...

Lately I've been spending a lot of time weighing the pros and cons of owning a scale (pardon the pun). And I've come to the conclusion that there is really no benefit. Other than weighing my luggage prior to flying, the scale mostly exists to piss me off and ruin at least one day of each of my weeks. So I'm considering a bit of a challenge...I will not weigh myself for the rest of the year. Hell if that goes well then maybe I'll just never weigh myself. As someone that has made a habit of weekly weigh-ins for many years (fucking American culture) this may be a bit tough. I imagine though that after a month of panic and then the realization that my clothes still fit and that I will never weigh significantly less or more, I may indeed find peace. For the record I own two scales and often like to play them against one another. Anyway, don't be surprised if you get scales in the mail for X-mas Cadis and Patty...

Now for an IUD update. I have been approved by my insurance to the tune of $439.40. That's a $25o deductible and 20%. But considering my birth control runs $120 for three months, I consider 5 years at $439.40 an absolute steal. Now I just have to survive the insertion in December. Merry X-mas me...

And finally I would just like to bitch about car maintenance. This week has cost me 750 big ones in car repair for my 2001 Bonnie. Hardly worth it. And while I was making every effort to survive with that fine automobile until I could save up to pay cash for my next ride...I think I may have to fold soon. I'm looking at options now and plan to send Princy Pooh in to secure the best deal possible for me (he's ruthless, learned to bargain in the alleys of Tehran you know). I'm currently researching the Honda Fit... So should someone have ample time while working nights, feel free to search that and similar cars. Well tonight is officially 4 months with Princy Pooh so I must now prep for our date.

Oh and one last thing...I buckled to yet more pressure today and had my upper lip threaded. The last three times the lovely women providing my fine eyebrow sculpting had tried to tempt me with the upper lip. But as a fair skinned blondie I thought there was simply no need. I was pushed over the edge today though when the girl said, "There's really quite a bit of hair there you know. Just look." Guerrilla sales tactics. Kicking me while I'm fat (at least I think), broke, and already teary eyed from my brows.

PS it's 73 here in the south Bay...how's that fine weather back home??

4 comments:

  1. thanks for reminding me that we've had snow the pass two nights. Now I will start my search on the Honda Fit(never heard of it before)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I have done some quick research. The Honda Fit is cute and it'll fit lots of long, short, and tall items. I also like the Toyota Camry which is a couple thousand cheaper and gets the same gas milage, but doesn't have as much room. I'm pretty much no help. Don't look at the payment calculator it makes buying a new car depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like you've been attacked. stop letting people at your face with needles and they'll stop trying to sew it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a scale would make a fine Christmas present for me! I have obviously not stepped on one in quite some time... and a certain dress fitting is quickly approaching.

    Bet your upper lip and eyebrows look amazing, although I have to say I've been in quite close proximity to your lovely face and I've never noticed lip hair!

    ReplyDelete