Thursday, June 18, 2009

Garlic, Yogurt, and Mint...


I'm a bit focused lately on my new "love". As a result the blog is lacking anything of substance but oh well...you don't have to read it. So just an update. I spent the past weekend in Seattle visiting Princey Pooh. He'll be finishing his move to CA very soon and I can't wait. In the meantime I have started a ridiculous task...learning Persian or Farsi. Whichever you prefer. So far I can say "I am Missy May, and you?" "How are you?" "I am good." and I can count to ten. I would have to check with blast from the past Spencer to be sure but I think this qualifies as "on fire."


Now I would like to post a warning about international dating. An open mind and strong stomach are a must. Sweet man cooks, but it's traditional and not mac n' cheese traditional. So this weekend I had zereshk polow. I guess that's chicken, rice and barberries basically. It was very tasty and I must research this further because Sweetie served this dish to me with a yogurt sauce on the side. In that yogurt was garlic and mint. Yeah, so that I think pretty much sums up what my life will be like for the next 15 years if this guy sticks around. A strange combination that ends up working but makes you screw your nose up when considering the details too closely.


And for a final rant I would like to discuss early morning Chalie horses. I got one this morning in my calf of course and the mother fucker still hurts. In fact I'm using it as my excuse not to work out and to blog instead. I would like someone to explain this painful phenomena to me please. Because I'm too lazy and too sore to research or truly care myself. Thanks.


I almost forgot...I gave two bucks to a man with a sign on Monday. Cadis you would have had a fit, but I couldn't resist. He had a great cardboard sign which read "I may be ugly but I'm still hungry". I bet he makes a killing!

5 comments:

  1. Charlie horses may be caused by:
    Muscle fatigue
    Heavy exercising
    Dehydration
    Electrolyte imbalances
    To prevent them: Stay hydrated, Strech regularly, and train gradually

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way I wake up in the middle of the night with foot cramps and after doing my research I think they are caused by drinking to much beer or coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for noticing that my blood pressure would rise when you said you were giving away money to a "man with a sign"! Although his sign is pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! This guy must be 'IT' if you are expanding your vocabulary and sampling his traditional fare!

    Although I love Cadis dearly, I am not like her when it comes to street folks with signs and I am thrilled you gave the man $2. Remninds me of a time we gave pizza to someone on the street in Sturgis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. give him a grilled cheese sandwich. if he likes it, you keep him.

    ReplyDelete