Saturday, April 18, 2009

JJ Cale, Job Hunting & The Great Outdoors...

And so it's been awhile. Top moment of the week - JJ Cale live. An outstanding performance which left me wanting so much more...as in him in my own personal juke box. And in the midst of my euphoria I realized I was sitting next to what may be my future self. She was interesting, not a troll, she was at a concert alone and stoked. She sang along, grooved in her seat and was mostly fabulous. Oh yes, the crowd danced and I missed my girls. We could have shown them what dancing was all about. Though there were some honorable mentions, including the man in the wheelchair. Kudos.

Now I wish I could report job euphoria as well but my interview was a bit of a cluster really. I'll learn of my fate on Tuesday and can not honestly judge which way it will go. Ooooh who ever said patience is a virtue did not live in the middle of nowhere and desperately want to hitch up the wagon and head west (south west actually).

Finally a note to anyone owning a Day Hiker's Guide...when the book says a hike is a "workout" be prepared for a death climb. Today I hoisted my ass up 2.7 miles and 2,200 feet. The views were worth it and I'm sure the other hikers appreciated my sweaty, huffing and puffing, sports bra clad self scaring away the bears. The return 2.7 miles were a bit more pleasant. And I even popped a squat. If you're wondering Matilda...I still have to steady myself on a nearby tree or rock to work it.

PS - I did not see any other solo hikers. Should this tell me something?

3 comments:

  1. yes, it should tell you that there are coyotes (pronounce kai-oats)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The provided reading material from the Ranger's Station failed to mention coyotes but the hikers that tailed me did mention a bear (pronounced barrr in this neck of the woods) on the trail a mere ten minutes back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I thought that you only had to steady yourself when drun. Then again, when weren't we drunk?

    ReplyDelete