Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pickle You Kumquat...

Once every year or so a truly great commercial will air...unfortunately, the masses never see this commercial. Hence when I make references to this commercial say when leaving a voicemail, the humor is lost. And frankly I'm a little bit pissed about this. So before reading any further, it is imperative that you watch this mere 30 second clip in order to better understand my outlook on life.



Now that is priceless!

Carrying on. I had a lunch "date" today with one of my suitors mentioned in previous posts which I had hoped to keep as only a friend. Well T as I shall call him, came to the date with a gift...cheesecake. Now a single slice would maybe make sense, but then I wouldn't be associating with someone that does anything remotely sensible now would I? No no, today on my date I was the lucky recipient of an entire pumpkin cheesecake. While I had mentioned I loved pumpkin pie and cheesecake, I never once said I would like to eat 10 slices of their love child. Adding insult to injury, when parting T attempted an awkward kiss which mostly landed on my nose. Fuck...now I'm faced with a new kind of dilemma. I must tell T I'm not romantically interested and risk losing what could have been a great buddy. Why is it the men I have no romantic interest in flock to me and shower me with gifts. Unfortunately none of you back home will benefit from the cheesecake as you did the panties...I know Cadis Fly is wearing a sexy little pair of skull and cross bone panties at this very moment.

And finally I would like to recommend a book or two. Catch 22 has made its way onto my top 10 list. I have laughed out loud in nearly every chapter. It's outrageous and worth two reads. Next, Tuesdays With Morrie. I'm currently listening to it on CD and have one hour left. I haven't cried yet but it's been close. The theories on life and culture Morrie presents should be broadcast. Read with an open mind and heart and don't be afraid to take notes. Finally Kiss Me, I'm Single - an ode to the solo life. Even if not single I think this book should be read by all women. I have read it twice and refer to certain pages from time to time for knowledge and guidance. For instance:
"The purpose of life is not to find one perfect, all-encompassing mate. It is not to mindlessly have babies. It is not to gain notoriety or fame or fortune. The purpose of life is to find that place inside yourself where you can remain peaceful and optimistic no matter what the outside world throws your way." - Amanda Ford
Ok so maybe I'm on a "self-help" kick. Who knows?! Just let me know if you want to borrow any of them! Now where can I get whip cream at 11 pm in the middle of nowhere...

1 comment:

  1. When surfing the internet at work I don't have sound! So to fully get the gist of the commercial I'll have to listen at home.

    About T, I'll get some male advice and get back to you.

    Also I would love to read those books.

    I know where to find pickeled eggs at 11pm, but not whip cream. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete